Whether you’re promoting your business or writing about your travel adventures, Head First WordPress will teach you not only how to make your blog look unique and attention-grabbing, but also how to dig into the more complex features of WordPress 3.0 to make your website work well, too.
You’ll learn how to move beyond the standard WordPress look and feel by customizing your blog with your own URL, templates, plugin functionality, and more. As you learn, you’ll be working with real WordPress files: The book’s website provides pre-fab WordPress themes to download and work with as you follow along with the text.
- Gain immediate experience with WordPress 3.0, the June 2010 release of the software
- Get your site up and running by setting up a MySQL database and creating configuration files
- Work with the Wordpress platform to create posts and pages, learn the difference between tags and categories, edit content, moderate comments, and manage spam
- Explore how to extend Wordpress with plugins and templates
- Convert custom designs (in HTML and CSS) into functional themes and use them in WordPress
We think your time is too valuable to waste struggling with new concepts. Using the latest research in cognitive science and learning theory to craft a multi-sensory learning experience, Head First WordPress uses a visually rich format designed for the way your brain works, not a text-heavy approach that puts you to sleep.
Other versionsHead First WordPress: A Brain-Friendly Guide to Creating Your Own Custom WordPress Blog 1st edition by Siarto, Jeff (2010) Paperback, Paperback
Head First WordPress: A Brain-Friendly Guide to Creating Your Own Custom WordPress Blog, Kindle Edition
Head First WordPress, Kindle Edition
Related itemsHead First PHP & MySQL: A Brain-Friendly Guide,
Head First HTML and CSS: A Learner's Guide to Creating Standards-Based Web Pages,
Head First Web Design: A Learner's Companion to Accessible, Usable, Engaging Websites,
Using WordPress, with DVD,
Head First Ajax: A Brain-Friendly Guide,
Head First HTML with CSS & XHTML,
Head First jQuery: A Brain-Friendly Guide (Brain-Friendly Guides),
Head First Algebra: A Learner's Guide to Algebra I,